Adoption & Paternitiy Issues
Adopting a child is an exciting and joyful occasion for families but the legal process can be a bit intimidating. There are many requirements and legal forms to complete to have a child initially placed in a home and even more to finalize the adoption.
Different kinds of adoptions include:
• Stepparent adoption
• Relative adoption
• Private adoption
• Foster parent adoption
• International adoption
The attorneys and staff at Lindsay & Lindsay are experienced in the various types of adoption and we are confident we can help you with your adoption experience and bring you the closure and completeness you are seeking with this new and wonderful addition to your family.
Washington State has adopted the Uniform Parentage Act to deal with issues facing men and women who have children when they are not married to one another. Typically, parentage actions involve one or more of the following issues:
• Identification and establishment of parentage (i.e., identifying the biological father)
• Disestablishment of parentage (i.e., removing a presumed or acknowledged father and identifying the correct biological father)
• Custody determinations, and setting up residential schedules and visitation
• Establishment of a parenting plan
• Establishment of child support
• Establishing back child support amounts owed (if any)
• Modification of an existing parenting plan and/or child support order
• Contempt, or enforcement, of court orders already in place, like the parenting plan and/or child support orders
We Efficiently Manage the Legal Complexities of Your Case
Knowing which action to commence on behalf of a client involves a careful assessment of the facts of each case. Actions that are improperly commenced waste precious time, money, and resources most clients cannot afford to lose. Your Lindsay & Lindsay attorney will be able to guide you through the various options available as you proceed through the legal process.